Identify excessive group meals where the average amount per attendee is greater than a specified threshold.
- Obtain a dump of all the T&E from within the audit period you want to review.
- Import the expense data into ACL Analytics using the import wizard.
- Ensure completeness by verifying the data against control totals (e.g. count, and total on expense amount to tie to audit period actuals).
- Filter to include only group meals for our analysis.
- Calculate the average amount per attendee by defining a computed field:
- If the number of attendees is 0, then use Expense Amount (FC)
- Otherwise, use Expense Amount (FC) / Number of Attendees
- Filter and report any expenses where the average amount per attendee is greater than a specified threshold.
- If # of attendees is not being recorded for business meals as a company policy, this analytic cannot be conducted.
- Ensure analysis only includes group meals.
- Create a computed field to calculate the average amount per attendee (Expense amount / # of attendees).
- We’ll assume that we can acquire the Expense Category (we’re going to only be interested in Group Meals), Expense Amount in Functional Currency (if not, we’ll need to do a conversion to your organization’s functional currency), and finally the Number of Attendees (if you have a list of attendees instead, you’ll need to prepare the data by first summarising on the expense line to get the number of attendees).