Change Controls – IT Audit Applications for ACL
Management of change control can be a difficult affair. Whether it’s the management of program changes, independent testing and reperformance, or the comparison of program characteristics between revisions, there are few tools in the market that can cover all areas. ACL however is just such a tool.
With help from ACL you could:
- identify program changes occurring after the test or sign-off date;
- independently test select changes and compare results to actual testing;
- compare key program or file size, timestamps and other characteristics to a control table to identify changes;
- extract system problems occurring shortly after a change from the help desk log and assess implications on integrity of the change control process;
- identify program changes not appearing on change control logs; and
- evaluate emergency change frequently by user, application, department etc
With ACL at your fingertips, there’s no limit to what can be achieved.