The latest version of ACL Analytics has now been released and is available to all current users receiving premium or standard support. With more than 100 improvements to the user interface, ACL Analytics 9.2 is more intuitive than ever. The updated version has a number of significant improvements to the tool along with corrections for over 50 pre-existing issues from the previous version along with other significant enhancements.
The list of improvements is pretty extensive; but we’ve pick out the highlights below:
- Join Command – Tables can now be joined using non-identical key fields, they will now automatically be harmonised by ACL when the Join is defined. This reduces the need to manually apply expressions or create computed fields as tables using fields of different field types and lengths can now be joined.
- Excel Import/Export – A new preview wizard for importing Excel files allows increased accuracy by overriding the field types and lengths before the data is imported. Import from and export to Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 (.xlsx) is now available with the additional removal of the 65,000 record limit on exports.
- Enhanced Logging Capability – ACL Analytics now provides the ability to capture significantly more detail in its log, including changes to ACL options, creation or modification of computed fields, and modifications to tables. This will provide improved troubleshooting and superior command logging for a much improved script and analytic development environment.
- Enriched Online Help Content and Documentation – Context sensitive Help has been expanded with deeper explanations of topics and the ability to drill-down for more details. The reorganized online User Guide is now easier to use with step-by-step procedures to help users do more.
- User Interface Improvements – More than 100 changes made to help make it more intuitive for new users including results in new tab and clearer fonts for easier reading, dual monitor support, greater use of control keys, mouse overs, etc.
- Improved Support – Direct database support is now available for all vendor supported versions of Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 at the time of release. Silent Authentication (Single Sign On) support has also been added for Analytics Exchange and ACL Server Tables along with support for all vendor supported versions of Crystal Reports Viewer.
You can find the full release notes here.