Alright, so you’ve analyzed the data population for your investigation and narrowed it down to a table of identified records. Maybe you’re using ACL™ Analytics or Microsoft®Excel, which still require you to perform additional analysis or communicate discoveries to your business stakeholders. Where do you go from here?
Next you need to further discover the flagged records—whether it’s as part of an audit engagement, or as part of verifying a compliance certificate or testing control for risk management, control monitoring or governance of your organization.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could continue your investigation and collaboration in a secure and centralized environment where remediation was automated?
5 easy ways you can use ACL GRC to manage, remediate & communicate results
1. Collaborate with team members and stakeholders while tracking the progress of your results remediation
- Using ACL GRC Results Manager, you can assign select records of your exception results to team members that are also working on the audit, or to business stakeholders whose attention is required. This takes away the pain of manually having to split spreadsheets of results into multiple files or email so that multiple people can work on and remediate the results together.
- You can also capture the audit log of all communication (including relevant discussions and supplemental attachments for evidence) for the exception records in one central location.
2. Automate the remediation workflow
- Automate the steps in your remediation process by configuring one-click workflows for remediating your records, including escalating exceptions to the management or Executive teams.
- You can also specify the rules and conditions for remediation based on status, priority, idle time or other custom defined triggers.
3. Collate structured transaction exception records with human interpretation responses
- Send surveys or questionnaires to any business persons, such as process owners, management, vendors or external stakeholders, to gather more information for your exception data, and instantly append the responses to the flagged records.
- Automate the detection of a business condition (like a risk or opportunity) and trigger a query that requires human interpretation to remediate the risk or further trigger an escalated workflow for further human interpretation.
4. Visualize the remediated results to analyze and communicate the discoveries
- Create visualizations for all the results information gathered (including the human data and remediation data, such as status and priority of results) for further analysis.
- Visually present the discoveries from your remediated results and communicate them to the stakeholders.
5. Directly link your entire results and remediation data with the relevant processes and controls in ACL GRC
- Supplement your results and remediation data (within Results Manager) with the right context from your processes and controls by automatically linking it to your audit, review or assessment (in ACL GRC Project Manager), all within a single platform.
- Eliminate the hassle of sharing and storing your data in scattered emails, spreadsheets, and decentralized network file storage systems.
It’s time to step away from silos that trap data and create control gaps, and to adopt technology to better manage, automate and remediate your exception results data. By using a more centralized and automated way to investigate and communicate results, such as ACL GRC Results Manager, you’ll free up time for more value-driving activities.